1. Install child restraint and tighten vehicle seat belt.
2. Hold seat belts together at latch plate (ﬁg. a)
3. Slide locking clip on seat belts appoximately
1 inch (2.5 cm) away from latch plate.
4. Re-buckle seat belt.
5. Test installation to see if child restraint is secure.
If not secure, additional belt tightening may be
• Unbuckle vehicle seat belt.
• Hold belts together and remove
• Shorten length of lap belt portion
slightly by pulling belt through latch
• Re-attach locking clip.
• Buckle vehicle seat belt.
Press child restraint further down into
vehicle seat cushion to help buckle
vehicle seat belt.
Test installation to see if child restraint is
secure. If not secure, repeat above step
VEHICLE SEAT BELTS