Quick Start Manual
MANUAL-USBPRO (Rev A)
for more information visit:
ENTTEC DMX USB PRO
( PN 7 0 3 0 4 )
• DMX USB PRO (pn:70304)
• USB Cable (Part No. 79110)
• This user manual
• CD including PRO-Manager (pn:79106)
• Full 512 DMX channel universe of input or output
• Fully compliant with USITT DMX512-A
• Adjustable Frame Rates and empty frames to
accommodate non-standard equipment
• USB 2.0 Support on Windows PC and Mac OSX
• 1500 V full isolation (data & power lines to
protect your computer from surges)
• RDM enabled (ANSI E1.20 compliant)
• Drivers for Windows, OSX and Linux (drivers
released and maintained by FTDI)
• Output refresh rate configurable from 1 to 40
Fps (Frames per second)
• Compatible with various open-source and
professional lighting control programs.
• Do not expose the DMX USB PRO to rain or
moisture, doing this will void the warranty
• Do not remove the cover, there are no serviceable
• This unit is intended for indoor use only
• Wherever possible, use with a DMX Splitter for safety
and better reliability with DMX cables.
• Install and configure the Driver software on your
Windows™, Linux™or Mac™ computer.
Methods can vary between Operating systems, but
the end result is the same: once installed correctly,
the drivers will allow software to communicate with
the DMX USB PRO.
• Connect the DMX USB PRO to your computer (usb)
and the DMX512 control network (DMX cable).
• Load the control software of your choice onto the
computer. You can choose between open-source
(free) and professional (paid) programs. More
information is available at enttec.com/dmxubspro
• Run the software and create your show.
• For troubleshooting and testing DMX USB PRO,
install and run PRO-Manager.