14 January 4, 2002 AM262840_00_V.pdf
Setting Up Your Lifestyle
Setting up the RC-5 remote control
If your system uses a Model 5 music center, you need to set up a second RC-5 remote control to operate
1. Remove the remote control battery cover and locate the miniature switches (Figure 13).
2. Make sure that the house code settings (switches 1, 2, 3, and 4) match those in your ﬁrst remote.
3. Slide switch 5 down (off) and 6 up (on).
Note: Refer to your Lifestyle
system owner’s guide for more information on operating your system in more
than one room.
RC-5 remote switch
Connecting speakers to your Lifestyle
CAUTION: DO NOT connect the ampliﬁer to powered speakers of any make or model, nor to any ampliﬁed
music sources. Doing so may cause damage to the equipment.
Speaker cable consists of two insulated wires. One wire is usually marked (striped, collared, or ribbed), indi-
cating that it should be connected to the positive (+ or red) terminal. The plain wire should always be con-
nected to the negative (– or black) terminal. For recommended wire sizes and lengths, see “Wire
recommendations” on page 18.
• Connect the right speaker cable to the SPEAKER OUTPUT R terminals (Figure 14). Press the red terminal
tab. Insert the wire coming from the speaker’s positive (+) terminal into the red jack and release the tab.
Press the black terminal tab. Insert the wire coming from the speaker’s negative (–) terminal into the black
jack and release the tab.
• Connect the left speaker cable to the SPEAKER OUTPUT L terminals in the same way.
Notice which speaker cable is connected to the L (left) output, and which is connected to the R (right) output
on the back of the ampliﬁer. Be sure that the speaker positioned on the left in the listening area (as you face
it) attaches to the cable connected to the L output.
Speaker cable connections
on the ampliﬁer