AM262840_00_V.pdf January 4, 2002 13
Setting Up Your Lifestyle
Connecting the Lifestyle
stereo ampliﬁer to a Model 5 music center
In systems using a Model 5 music center, home theater speakers are connected to the FIXED OUTPUT jacks
on the rear panel of the music center. When adding the Lifestyle
ampliﬁer, you need to temporarily unplug
the theater speakers from the FIXED R and FIXED L OUTPUT jacks.
CAUTION: Before making connections, turn the Lifestyle
system off and disconnect the music center from
the AC (mains) power outlet. DO NOT plug the ampliﬁer into an outlet until you have completed all other con-
CAUTION: DO NOT connect the audio input cable for the Lifestyle
stereo ampliﬁer to the SPEAKERS A or
SPEAKERS B outputs. The ampliﬁer is designed to work properly with the ﬁxed output level available from
the FIXED OUTPUT jacks.
1. Insert the single multi-pin connector at one end of the audio input cable into the multi-pin INPUT jack on
the rear of the ampliﬁer (Figure 12).
2. At the other end of the audio input cable, insert the 3.5 mm mini-plug into the SYSTEM CONTROL 2 jack
on the rear panel of the music center.
3. On the rear panel of the music center, disconnect the audio input cables from both FIXED OUTPUT
4. Insert the red RCA piggyback connector of the supplied cable into the R (right) FIXED OUTPUT jack.
Insert the white RCA piggyback connector into the L (left) FIXED OUTPUT jack.
5. Insert the red RCA connector of the Acoustimass
module cable into the red piggyback jack and the
white RCA connector into the white piggyback jack.
Cable connections between
the Model 5 music center
and the Lifestyle
SEE INSTRUCTION MANUAL
4 Ω MINIMUM
stereo ampliﬁer rear panel
Model 5 music center rear panel
30-ft audio input
3.5 mm mini-plug
Fixed speaker outputs